It’s not even three years since the NHS formally approved the use of the Cloud for the storage of digital medical records. Consequently, hospitals and GP and dental surgeries are now playing catch up to find a digital way to store sensitive medical files.
Like all documents that contain sensitive personal data, medical records are subject to the Data Protection Act 2018, which incorporates the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Medical records, by their nature, contain extremely sensitive personal information that most people would expect to be kept secure, so the pressure is on medical practices to find a digital solution that doesn’t compromise patient privacy.
Could Medical Records Be Stored In ‘High Street’ Cloud Storage?
Medical practices, keen to find ways to cut their spending, may be tempted to use a so-called ‘High Street’ Cloud storage provider, such as Dropbox, to store patient records. However, good as these services are for keeping general files, they carry risks when it comes to medical records storage:
- When entrusting patient records to a generic Cloud storage provider, there is no control over where the data is stored or who looks after it.
- Some ‘High Street’ Cloud storage providers may not deploy the stringent security protocols necessary to prevent unauthorised access to patient data, or the leaking of sensitive information.
- Some Cloud storage services don’t follow GDPR regulations, which increases the risk of a data loss incident that could be extremely damaging for patient safety, and confidence in your medical practice.
While the move toward full digitalisation of patient records brings benefits for both patients and medical services, it’s important to build patient confidence and trust by selecting a Cloud storage provider who delivers outstanding security and adheres strictly to data protection legislation.
Why CAS Cloud Is The Medical Records Storage Solution You Can Trust
At CAS Ltd, we offer secure Cloud storage for medical records in a dedicated portal that is ideal for sensitive medical records. With CAS Cloud:
- All important documents and records can be stored in an ultra-secure area for 24/7 access.
- Advanced scanning facilities enable rapid digitisation and retrieval of documents.
- Multi-layered security ensures that only authorised personnel will be able to access medical records.
- Full compliance with GDPR and registration with the ICO ensures your medical practice stays on the right side of the law.
- You can save time, money, and space by eliminating the need for cumbersome paper medical files, for a full access storage solution that’s always at your fingertips.
Contact CAS To Find Out More
To find out more about our industry-leading Cloud storage, or to request a free, no-obligation quotation, get in touch with CAS today on 0845 50 50 003.
Image source: Unsplash