Secure document storage and efficient records management are of particular importance in two industry sectors; the NHS and financial services. Both of these areas have been hit in recent years with rising costs and the need to reduce overheads. And, particularly for the NHS; to reduce costs associated with administration. For NHS Trusts and financial services organisations with document storage needs in London, these problems are exacerbated by the rising cost of physical space.
Anyone taking a stroll through almost any part of London can’t help but notice the massive increase in the number of skyscrapers. Entire areas, like Kings Cross and Elephant and Castle, are being completely redeveloped. And these developments include a huge rise in the volume of commercial space. Approximately 50 million square feet of new office space has been added to the stock across London in the last ten years. Currently, occupancy is at its highest level since 2000, and these factors are leading to the ever-increasing costs of commercial space.
Document Storage London
The commercial estate agents Find a London Office, currently estimate the cost of quality commercial space as ranging from £66-£149 / square foot. London office space is the most expensive in the world. And if an organisation is using 10% of its floor space to store documents and records, that represents an enormous financial burden. Effective records management means that documents must be accessible, but that doesn’t mean the hard copy of a file needs to be in arms reach.
Increasingly, both the financial and health sectors are moving records and files off-site, into secure document storage facilities. But if your documents are off-site how do you continue to work with them efficiently? The answer lies in records management techniques that combine digital and archive document storage.
CAS provides comprehensive and secure document digitisation, information storage and facilities management services. For more than 20 years we have worked with NHS Trusts and financial services providers, as well as corporate and private clients. Our head office is just four miles from the City of London, supported by our advanced storage centres across the UK.
Digital & Archive Document Storage Procedure
- Collection – One of our team members will collect your documents whenever you require, at pre-agreed intervals or on demand within two hours.
- Barcode and track – They will barcode the records immediately to enable continuous tracking as documents are transported to our scanning facility.
- Prepared for scanning – Our document management professionals will prepare the records for scanning, removing paper clips, staples, rubber bands, etc.
- Smart Scan – All pages, including additional notes like post-its, are scanned with our Smart Scan System. Smart Scan automatically converts content into editable text so that you can search for terms in the full body of a document, not just the title; the record can also be edited.
- Archive – the original hard copy of your files are then repacked in our durable document storage boxes. Each box is barcoded, recording the contents to enable fast and accurate retrieval when needed.
- Digital copies – we can then provide you with a digital record of your files, on CD, tape or hard drive, which will be delivered back to your office.
- Added to CAS Cloud – Your digital file is added to an encrypted digital archive which only your named personnel can access. Access is through CAS Cloud, a state-of-the–art hosting system which allows you access to your records from anywhere in the world.
- Editing and Access Audit – CAS Cloud maintains a complete audit record of any action performed on a document - open, amend, copy, delete - to ensure strict compliance with data protection and SOX requirements, meeting internationally recognised standards.
All of our services, from records management and document storage London, through facilities management, to document and IT data destruction, are designed to be flexible and fit around each client's business. So contact us today; your file storage London sorted!
For a free, no obligation quote please contact our specialist team
CAS provide comprehensive and secure document digitisation, information storage, shredding and facilities management services. For more than 20 years CAS have worked with NHS Trusts, Financial Services providers, and corporate and private clients. Our head office is just four miles from the City of London, supported by our advanced storage centres across the UK. CAS has an impressive array of International certifications (ISOs), which prove our compliance with the strictest national, European and international laws. They also demonstrate our commitment to provide innovative systems on security, confidentiality and quality control in keeping your files safe and well managed.
- Staff sign confidentiality agreements and undergo DBS checks.
- Facilities have secure gated perimeter fences, monitored 24/7 by Mobotix M12 CCTV cameras, records backed up off-site.
- Optical fire beam protection system/air quality monitoring throughout.
- Redcare security alarms linked directly to police and fire brigade.
- All vehicles alarmed and fitted with a smart track (uTrack) vehicle monitoring system.
- Documents are shredded on-site, waste material is recycled overseas.
- We can use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) on all boxes stored on-site to support strict compliance regulations.
- Confidentiality guaranteed at all times.
- Data Protection Act 1998, ICO registered No: Z1281061.